Are you as a Quality manager struggling with the transition from the ISO 9001:2008 to the new 2015 revision? Luckily you have support, and you do not have to navigate the transition alone! With the following tips you should be on your way toward ensuring you are in full compliance amidst the transition.
The new ISO 9001:2015 now follows the overall structure of ISO management systems standards thus enabling it to be part of multiple management systems. The other major difference is greater focus on Risk-based thinking.
Relax, You Have Some Time
The ISO organisation expects the transition from revision 2008-2015 to take approximately three years. That means that if you haven’t transitioned over to the 2015 yet, you’re not in trouble. Some companies will still be getting their ISO 9001:2008 certificates and audits according to the old revision until September 2018. It’s also just a good plan be proactive and become well acquainted with the new version in ensuring you’re keeping up with the current standards, and gaining a competitive edge against others in your industry.
Tips for Transitioning
- Tip 1 – The new version has greater emphasis on Leadership. So as part of commitment get senior management engaged in the new standard.
- Tip 2 – Identify Gaps which need to be addressed in the new standard. Do a self-assessment on you own organisaiton.
- Tip 3 – Review the scope of your QMS and identify risk and opportunities as well as develop an implementation plan.
- Tip 4 – Upgrade your existing quality management system based on your self-assessment to meet the requirements of the new standard.
- Tip 5 – work on improving:
- your existing documentation,
- ensure your company’s strategies align with your QMS objectives,
- improve operational control
- review and measure
The following changes may seem overwhelming, and that’s why we are here for you. Our cloud based compliance app offers a variety of checklists which will help you identify gaps with the new ISO 9001:2015 revision. Our checklists will provide you with the self-assessment tools which help your self-monitoring efforts, for your certification requirement.
Register here for a free trial of the iComplied app!